Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Competition Cards!!!






These are cards I have done in 2012 for a competition for the magazine called "Simply Cards"(publishers are http://www.practicalpublishing.com.au/) . 
It is an Australian magazine which comes out monthly that my husband paid for a subscription for me 12 months ago as a gift. They have an annual "Cardmaker of the Year" compitition which I decided to have a go in. So far nobody knows who the winners are & from communications with the publishing site, I have been told it will be announced in the March edition of "Simply Cards". So fingers are crossed & have been for some time...lol (starting to get cramping in my fingers) to see who gets to cheer first. I was told that the compitition was very, very hard for the judges to pick as the cards that were sent in were all of a very high standard.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EACH CARD
The Fairy with Lovebirds
The stamp for the fairy & birds were from one of the "Simply Cards" issues where each month you get a small gift with your magazine. I used Stickles for the glitter effect & the wing was stamped on a laminating sheet & then run through the laminator so as to give the look of veins on clear wings. The sentiment came with the set of stamps as well. The paper was from a pack of 6x6 papers I had.
The Kookaburra
This one I loved from the time I finished it... It has become the favourite around our home. I used a Kaszazz stamp of a kookaburra & stamped & coloured it a few times, then fussy, fussy cut pieces of it to make it more 3D. I brayered the background myself & found a tree twig in my garden that looked the right size & shape I was looking for. Glued the kookaburra to branch which then went on the brayered background, glued that then on black cardstock & finally mounted it onto Mustard colour cardstock.
Bunting Baby
Wow.... this one took the most time to complete!!! As you can see, most of it was hand built from other articles... the fence was made from toothpicks, the ball was a disc of flat plywood, teddy & butterfly were two things that came made... I just painted him. The grass was made with multi-bladed scissors (like the ones you can use to cut up herbs), I made the bunting from scraps of paper added twine, used two bamboo skewers (new of course) from my kitchen, a scallop & a circle punch for the clouds & sun, Oh & a couple of tiny trinkets in the shape of safety pins added to the "poles".

If you would like more details on any of these cards, please let me know here & we can organise it.
I hope you like these creations, they were totally designed & thought up by me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a nice cards- for me you are a winner!

    ReplyDelete